Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It is all about the WHO!!!!!!!

Sunday for church the director of Back2Back spoke in english. Her name is Beth. Although she is a friend of mine, she is such a mentor to me in so many ways without her even knowing. She has recently written a book called "Reckless Faith" which is incredible and i recommend anyone to pick it up because a lot of it is about stories of the children we work with here in Monterrey.

Anyways, Sunday while she was speaking it was centered around trusting in the who. NOT trusting in the what, when, where, or why or even how for that matter. But truly trusting in a God that performs miracles on a daily basis and that loves us unconditionally and who's word is ALIVE and active.

If you were to ask me right now what God is specifically doing in my life right now i don't think i would be able to tell you. i could tell you however that i am frustrated that i can not pen point what He is doing. My quiet times are intimate and so sweet every day with Him. I feel like i am in a great place with the Lord. I just want to be able to explain what He is doing and i can't. I do know that i serve a GOOD GOD and He is teaching me something through this. Maybe it is Patience, maybe it is just simply resting in the fruits of where i am because i am living a dream of mine and that i am on this journey that He has set out from day one. In psalm 139 it says "God has ordained each day of mine before they came to be" there is no mistake that i should be here. i think to myself all the time about how i am seriously living the best life ever. i get to wake up every morning to BEAUTIFUL mountains. I get to love on little orphan children on a daily basis. I get to be a part of an amazing community that i love serving alongside. I SERIOUSLY HAVE THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. The Lord has called me here and there is no mistake about that. 7 years ago this was such a long off dream and NOW i am here soaking it all in and it is better than what i could have ever imagined. GOD IS SO GOOD AND HIS CALLINGS ARE SWEET AND PERFECT. I am defenitly in a season of resting. RESTING IN HIS GOODNESS. Resting in His Righteousness!!!!!

Lately i have had a huge heart for the teens on our campus! i don't really know what this means either but i sure am praying hard about where God wants me to step in. Some girls have asked if i would or could start a hip hop class with them under the palapa. and i know what you all are thinking." becca this is perfect for you cause you love dancing" well, it is right up my alley and it would be free for the girls. but i am still on with the groups during the day and then have stuff at night as well so i am praying that maybe if enough girls wanted to it then that would be God saying "yes becca yes". But i want to go deep with some of these girls. some are new here on the campus and some are older but they are all high school college age. and i just want them to know that they are God's masterpieces and that He is fighting for them. Guess i better learn how to say that in spanish first. haha. but if you have any suggestions or encouragement on this please please please let me know. i would love to hear back from you.

Prayer is so important. i have recently found out that some of my sweet friends at home are having a hard time. and IT IS KILLING ME TO BE HERE THROUGH HARD TIMES FOR THEM. also my sweet grandpa just had a minor stroke. he is okay but once again i just wish i could fly to Tulsa to let him know how much i love him. Needless to say i am going to be such a witness to the power of prayer. i believe in prayer so much and the power of it. Even though i physically can't be there for my friends and family i am fighting for them through their situations and praying for quick and healthy recovery for my Papa. once again GOD IS GOOD in the midst of all this. I pray that they are ALL able to recognize the goodness of the Lord.

So bringing this blog entry to a close it all comes back to the WHO. As long as i continue to love, serve, and follow the WHO then everything else (the what,when,where,why, and how) will fall into place. No matter how long it takes i will stand beside the WHO and allow Him to work in mighty ways the way He always does and get on my face before Him allowing Him to humble me by His sweet spirit.

For those of you hurting trust in God to be your HEALER. He is not holding out on you
For those of you that are struggling at work trust that the WHO is going to PROVIDE for you. NO MATTER WHAT.
For those of you that are wondering where God is.... HE IS ALWAYS WITH YOU. HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU!!!!!

You are God's most favorite child. He loves you with an unconditional Love. HE IS NOT HOLDING OUT ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The words to a couple of songs have been on my heart lately so i am going to leave you them.

"Heal my heart and make it clean,
open up my eyes to the things unseen.
Show me how to love like you have loved me.
BREAK MY HEART FOR WHAT BREAKS YOURS.
Everything I am for your Kingdoms CAUSE. "


"You hold my every moment, you calm my raging seas, you walk with me through fire, and you heal all my disease. I TRUST IN YOU. I BELIEVE YOU'RE MY HEALER. I BELIEVE YOU ARE ALL I NEED. I BELIEVE YOU'RE MY PORTION. I BELIEVE YOU'RE MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME. JESUS YOU ARE ALL I NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU, YOU HOLD MY WORLD IN YOUR HANDS"

These are the cries of my heart right now. Please be praying for me and for my continued journey here in Monterrey for the orphan child.

2 comments:

cath said...

Becca, I have no doubt that God has you here for great things. He will show you how and guide you as you seek Him more and trust him to use your hip hop or Bible study or casual conversation that leads to spiritual thoughts and sharing. I see the girls really want to be with you. I am praying for you. The message God has for you to share with them is soo important. I am praying for you. Praise God for how he is preparing you and using you. Love you sista.

Jayma said...

Girl, we are in completely different locations and yet in the same place! As you said, I'm fighting for you.