Wednesday, October 7, 2009

God is on the MOVE!






Living among 40-50 jovens (teens) here on our property helps provide a different community than most people are used to. Everyday i am talking or seeing teens and i love it.
God is more and more giving me a heart for these sweet girls that live here. I have the advantage of being an example, being consistent, and being there for them when most people come and go. And the exciting thing is, they are so much fun to be around.
As most of you know last year, Kenzi and i started a little Bible Study with the Hope House girls. It was great. As summer came and went and then i went home for more support raising, it has been a little bit different and harder for me to schedule time with all of them. After all, they are teenagers and i am old now compared to them so my ideas of fun might not be so fun to them. Or they have to work, or i have to, and they also have school. So needless to say it has been a little bit harder but my passion for them keeps growing and growing. I love hanging out with them.
Kathia (in the last picture with me) is one of the girls that i constantly hang out with. she reminds me so much of me when i was in high school: loud, likes to dance, interested in boys, likes to burp, and so much more. She is one of the girls in our Hope Program that has touched my heart since the first time i met her. She is a special one to me. I know God has extremely BIG plans for her life and i cannot wait to see all of it unfold. I think and pray for her constantly. She can do so many things and i pray her decisions from here on out will be a reflection of the Lord and how He has worked in her life. God has specifically brought her and all the other jovens here on the property for a specific reason. Our heart... is to break the cycle of mothers having babies and putting them in childrens homes and those kids growing up to be mommies who put their babies in childrens homes. God can do that. And we (as a staff) believe wholeheartedly that we have a God that is faithful and has reason for doing things He does.
It is so fun to live where you work. Most people would probably not like that very much. But i am in love with it. the fact that hanging out with these teenagers is considered work is incredible to me.
I feel like God is on the move here among our campus. With staff and with jovens. The other day in our staff meeting we were praying for the jovens and the HOPE PROGRAM and i just felt the presence of the Lord and knowing that He was and is here. He is gonna be with us through the hard, difficult, easy, happy times. God has so much to show them and i am praying that they would open their hearts up to hear and see what is in store for their individual lives. They are all doing accountability and Bible Study on monday nights. Please join me in prayer for them. That they would feel the Mighty Presence of our Mighty King. That they would listen when He is whispering to them and that they would realize they were created special in His image. That no matter what they have people surrounding them that love them and believe in them when no one else does. That God has specific promises to them that He plans on revealing to them and revealing His faithfulness. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD! we all know it is true. lets claim that in Jesus name for these jovens. If God is on the move, then we are about to embrace a sweeter taste of who He is as our God.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi friend! I love the double post. I miss Mexico so much already and I think I may hitchhike back.

Mandy Hope said...

You are soooo right Becca! That is incredible we are praying for you and all the jovens in Monterrey!

Love you bunches! --Mandy (same person)

P.S. I was so proud of myself I knew what joven meant. :P.

Kenzi Fogleman said...

oh my word becca pretty sure i started crying when you were talking about katya. and just basically through the whole thing. wish i was there to love on those girls with you but i know God is going to use you so much this year as an influence for them! love you!