Friday, May 13, 2011

Introducing Casa Hogar Bethany!








Last wednesday we took our first group to a new casa hogar. Casa Hogar Bethany. It is about 45 minutes away from our property.
That morning was very emotional for me because i woke up having a message on facebook saying that my dad had a heart attack the night before. Talk about the most shock i could be in. I called my sister and she assured me that he was going to be fine. His Main Artery was 99% blocked. They had a stent put in! I was looking up plane tickets for the first flight home, BUT then i talked to him and he was making jokes and looked alright. I was assured it wasn't anything i should rush home for.
As you could imagine, i was super emotional this morning. But i was given the option of going out with the group or staying behind. I prayed about it and i really wanted to go to Bethany for the first time. And, if i would have stayed back all i would have been doing is worrying. So, i decided to go.
It ended up being a great day! We got a tour of the home. It was so fun to see all the new faces running around! I was in charge of the cleaning bathrooms crew. They did an incredible job. The bathrooms weren't in the best shape, but once they were finished with them, THEY LOOKED AWESOME!
I was able to talk with some of the older kids that lived there. It was a blast getting to know them. There are 20 kids in this home. The youngest boy is 4. And it is a pretty good mix of younger kids to older kids.
This day BACK2BACK WAS MAKING HISTORY! It was a great day to be apart of and it got my mind off worrying and thinking about home. That night we ate some Vita and then i was able to skype with my dad! Once again, PRAISE GOD FOR TECHNOLOGY!
Trusting God in Everything!
Now my dad is back at home resting. AND we are looking forward to taking more groups to CASA HOGAR Bethany!

No comments: