Thursday, September 11, 2008

A LOT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!

Some of the many work projects i have done in the past weeks!!!!!

(left pic) we moved 20 bunk beds from 2 rooms to a little storage room. we took the beds apart and mattresses off and stacked as many as we could.

(right pic) painting doors in our (almost finished clinic) on campus.





These are some stinkin CUTE kids from Rayitos de Luz (little rays of light)! i very quickly fell in love with them!

















I got the chance to go hiking up a mountain on my day off. As you can tell the BEAUTY of this place speaks for itself. I am always in awe of how beautiful things are here. God always makes his masterpieces and this is absolutely without a doubt one of them. This picture was taken almost all the way up. I could have sat here for hours.




We have many fun things to do around campus: this was at Perla's birthday party. she is one of the teens here on campus and is a part of the hope program. For her birthday she said she wanted everyone to wear costumes. so EVERYONE did. It was so much fun. Me, kenzi, caroline, and beth were all football fans. GO GATORS!!! (in honor of my roomate)





I am pretty sure these pictures speak for theme selves, but let me go into detail......

I have been working alot lately getting things ready for our first american group to arrive, trying to finish one of our newest house editions, and helping get the clinic close to done. we have been putting in light fixture covers on outlets, painting, putting in cabinets, tons of cleaning.
I was painting in the clinic the other day and it hit me..... as my arm and hand is getting so tired of going up and down i am realizing that people are going to be HEALED in this place. It was so clear to me at that moment that it doesn't matter what project i am heading up that day but that the Lord moves in miraculous ways here and i am now apart of it. I am helping get this place ready so people without much money are able to come and feel safe, loved, helped, and most of all HEALED. It was a pretty powerful moment for me. So many times we get so caught up in our complaining or grumpiness that we don't stop to realize the miracles that the Lord is doing ALL around us.

RAYITOS DE LUZ
this casa hogar (childrens home) has about 20 kids in it. mostly younger kids. i had never been to this childrens home before. BUT THE NAME OF THE CHILDRENS HOME IS EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF KIDS ARE LIVING THERE. they were smiling so big that day. me, caroline, kenzi, katey, and antonio went and cleaned out some of their storage closets to provide more space for things. the kids were so eager to help us the whole time. i am now more in love with these sweet kids and have a special place for them in my heart. I can not WAIT to go love on them some more. (which will be next week) Every single one of them is a little ray of light.

God is moving big here. Everyday i am learning more and more about the TRUE GOD we serve. Trying to figure out how to love people (that speak a different language then me) the way Christ loves us, Praying that i never take any moment, project, relationship for granted, and getting alone with the Lord to get filled up by his sweet spirit. Although i miss home dearly i am feeling so free and complete at the same time.

prayer request would be:
1.) finding time to sit and rest in the Lord's presence.
2.) language
3.)to embrace EVERY moment.

2 comments:

Jayma said...

BECCA! Sorry about yesterday, I walked away. I had to track down your blog on facebook. If you click on my name I believe it will take you to mine. I look forward to keeping up with your adventures!

SheriYates said...

Becca, your heart is amazing! I am so thankful that God is your fuel for the journey! Sharing His deep and intimate love is a GIFT!!