Thursday, March 19, 2009

Adelyn Ryan Taylor




I can not even believe that the day of March 16 (monday) Adelyn Ryan Taylor was born. As i have posted in previous posts my best friend, Amanda, is pregnant. well she was pregnant. I cannot even believe that she is now a mother of a beautiful, perfect little girl. words cannot describe how extremely proud of her i am.
here is how March 16th went down in the world of Becca-
i got up really early because i had a full day of work ahead of me here in Mexico. After my 8:00 stand up meeting i came in and checked my facebook. this feeling came over me that i can't even express, i knew i would have something from Amanda this morning. Sure enough i had an inbox from Amanda and Colby telling me that she was at the hospital and is in labor. she has been there since 1:30 that morning. so.. i immediately break down into tears because i am so excited for them. i call Amanda. we talk for a good 30 minutes going over prayer requests, talking about how everything has happened so far, and etc... this morning was a very emotional morning for me. i know it isn't about me and this is her life but you all have to understand something. Amanda and I have been best friends for almost 10 years. we have grown up together, we have shared so many tears, laughs, memories together. we have been there for each other for EVERY SINGLE IMPORTANT THING THAT HAS HAPPENED IN OUR LIVES. and now I am a country away not being able to see basically my niece when she is born. oh the emotions were really heavy. A certain person very close to me here was so great throughout these emotions this morning. Then after I calm down, I remember it is my sister, Sarah's, birthday. so I call her and say happy birthday and tell her Amanda was in labor. she was super excited for her and we talked for a bit. it was great. i love my sister. but that is another blog. anyways, so I start to realize that I am going away all day and would not be able to know if she had the baby till I get back with the group around 6pm here. I was super sad. Matt and Julie Cooper gave me their international phone so they would be able to call me if Amanda had Adelyn. I was feeling way better by this time. the emotions calmed down and my excitement was growing by the minute.
So i was at Imperio De Amor all day long and really just praying for Amanda the whole time. then i get a call from my sweet friend sara, telling me amanda was getting ready to push. we were on our way home from Imperio and it takes about an hour. when i didn't get a call back saying she was born i started to panic. so i called sara, and while we were on the phone, through the door i heard little adelyn being born. i once again immediately started crying in amazement of how awesome our God is. I was staring at the mountains here in Mexico and seeing such beautiful creation, while my best friend was experiencing a different kind of creation and wonderment. though we are countries apart i was so thankful to be on the phone when she was born. Then i got to talk to Amanda afterwards and i just kept saying i was so proud of her. she did it. she now has a beautiful, perfect daughter. then later that night i got to meet little Adelyn through skype. Praise God for technology these days and the way we can stay connected through such a HUGE time in Amanda and Colby's life. i just could not take my eyes off of Adelyn. she is seriously so cute and a perfect looking new born. and AMANDA HAD MAKE UP ON. haha i was so proud of her, she looked so radiant and was so excited.
Although it was so hard not to be there i have seen Adelyn and Amanda every day since she was born through skype and i can not wait for the day to come when i get to hold her. i am seriously in a state of praising God for answering every single one of Amanda's prayer requests through this time of transition and thanking Him for the communication we have had. i have very much felt so loved through this time. just with the phone calls, skypes, and most of all through all my friends.
Elizabeth, Lauren, and Sara, i cannot thank you enough for helping Amanda and Colby (and Addie) through everything. Thank you for your continued support and help you are lending to them. thank you for sending me pictures, talking to me, calling me when she was getting ready to deliver, calling me during, calling me after, skyping with me, holding the computer so i could see every inch of sweet Addie, and thank you for all the meals, time, and friendship you have given to our sweet friends. i am so blessed to have such AMAZING best friends like you all. and you make my heart more at ease knowing that you all are there helping and taking care of everything. I LOVE YOU GIRLS SO MUCH. what on earth would i do without you?
Amanda, once again i am so proud of you. this next stage of motherhood is coming so natural to you already and i am so excited for you and Colby. please know i am still praying next to you every step of the way. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY. You are the worlds bestest friend. God was so incredibly kind to me when He brought you in my life. I LOVE YOU SISTER. Can't wait to hold my niece. can't wait for all the road trips singing "captured" with Addie. haha what a great addition to our friendship. you are the best. thank you for making me feel apart of this even though i am so far away. Praying blessing daily for you my sweet friend and for your sweet daughter. I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Katie said...

so i just sat here and cried reading your post! you are an amazing friend, sister!
love you!

Christi said...

This made me cry too! I'm so happy that you will get to hold Adelyn very soon. You are such a great friend to Amanda (as well as everyone you meet). Congrats on your new niece:)

Amanda said...

Okay....bawling....I can not wait to see you and for Adelyn to meet Aunt Becca. Can't wait to go to Build-a-Bear! :) or maybe Dallas. Or maybe the Build-a-bear in Dallas. Just sayin'.

You did not have to write a blog about her. That was the sweetest thing I have ever read. Printing it out now and putting in the baby book.

Love you so much girl!