Wednesday, November 18, 2009

HANNAH ELIZABETH VELASCO!!!





I have no idea what happened to some of these photos when i put them on here. haha anyway. Gabo and Kelly Velasco just had their first child. they were waiting to find out if it was a girl or a boy. Everyone had their own opinions and i KNEW it was a girl. no body believed me though. Well on November 2, 2009 they brought a beautiful little girl into this world. that is right. A GIRL!!!! her name is HANNAH ELIZABETH VELASCO and she is precious in every way. they are in the transition of having their first child and parenting 5 teenage girls in their house as well.
i had the pleasure of watching these 5 teenage girls while kelly and gabo were in the hospital and then for a week after they returned home. Let's just say i have a new respect for the house parents here on our campus. so many sneaky teenagers. haha. it was definitely hard for me to not be fun becca the whole time. i had to help them follow the rules and nanny becca came out. haha which means it was not very pretty all the time but at the end you still love them to pieces and they (hopefully) love you in return. It was fun though learning a little more about what a house parent does all the time. it was nothing like i ever thought. and i live here with them but once i was in their shoes alot of things made more sense. My respect for them grew and my love for the Esther house girls grew even more. I just love their girls and i am pretty excited to hold a brand new baby all the time. i had a super sweet moment with one of the girls just being able to speak truth to her in a moment of sadness and you know what... God gave the words for me to say in spanish to her and it was a wonderful moment for me. I LOVED being there, able to help her when all she wanted was someone to listen to and cry to. God is so good at placing people in your life when you need it the most. I praise God for bringing these girls into my life and for the love i have for each one of them.
Please pray for Kelly and Gabo as they are transitioning into parenthood and for the girls also.

2 comments:

Mandy Hope said...

Aww, little Hannah is so cute. Tell all the teenage girls (jovens) that I am praying that they will all grow strong in their friendships, school, and especially in Christ.

Love you Becca!

Tigger said...

she is soooooooooooooo cute
and soooo Tiny