Monday, January 11, 2010

The best present EVER!!!!!


The BEST part of being home for Christmas was my best friend, Amanda, telling me she was pregnant with baby number 2. that is right. Baby number 2 is on its way. Adelyn and the other baby will be around 16 months apart. right when i got home after a hard summer. Amanda picked me up from the airport, Surprised me with Sara, and we headed back to Amanda's house. Amanda had 6 presents for me to open as a welcome home gift. Present #1... salsa.. we always eat chips and salsa when we are together. Present #2... a happy birthday card... i was very interested in why i opened this because it was not my birthday. but then i thought amanda got me a card to give to her for her birthday which was on December 27th. Present #3... Ice Cream... i was thinking, okay i like ice cream. Present #4... Pickles... by this time i am realizing that pickles and ice cream is a great combination when you are pregnant. My eyes are very wide by this time. Present #5... Prego sauce... Pretty much screaming by this point. Present #6... A Big Sister book... Sara and i both were screaming and jumping on amanda. We were screaming so loud and crying and jumping, Adelyn woke up and i felt bad but i hadn't seen her in 5 months. so of course i wanted to hold her and put her back to sleep. But the funniest thing is... before i said anything to amanda after she told us she was pregnant, i asked her if i could have adelyn. WHO SAYS THAT? hahah. After i opened all the presents Amanda told me that the next baby was due July 30th. Which is my birthday.. hints the happy birthday card. We had so much fun hanging out, being best friends, and playing nerts every day until i left. Not to mention pretty much everyday going to sonic for some cherry vanilla dr. peppers, taco bell for a cheesy gordita crunch, or taco bueno for some mexi dips and chips. Such a fat joke but so worth it.
Amanda means so much to me. Another pregnancy and i am in Mexico. i can't believe it. But, I am so excited for Colby, Amanda, and Adelyn. As their family grows i know God continues to work among all of them. It is still sad for me to be away but if i can go through the first baby being born and living in Mexico i kinda feel like i can conquer ANYTHING. I am so excited for Adelyn to be a big sister. She is going to be the BEST BIG SISTER EVER!!!! unless she comes to live with aunt becca in Mexico. hehe.
I already miss these girls so much. Sleepovers, games, and fun. they are the most incredible women i know. thank you both for being such big role models for my life. thank you for praying and challenging me in my walk with Christ the way you do. I love you girls so much. Amanda, praying for you so much and your pregnancy. God is creating yet another perfect child inside you and i am still praying with you every single step of the way. Sara, i am praying for transitions for you. As you just got back from Slovenia, getting settled in, and now on another adventure. i am so proud of you and who you have become. Thank you for all the late night talks. I love you and am praying for you!

1 comment:

Mrs. Kelly Ross said...

HOW FUUUUUUN I cannot IMMAAAGINE THE EXCITEMENT ya'll had!!! :)