Monday, January 18, 2010

OH THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

my incredible friends, Elizabeth (liza) and Lauren (Lo). I got to spend some time with these girls and as always we have so much fun together. Elizabeth and her husband Cole just moved to Ohio right before i got home. i was super sad i wouldn't be able to see them. But it turns out we did get to see eachother. Oklahoma State Football was playing in a bowl and they came back for it. Just so happened to be the same time i was home. Praise God. So New Years Eve, Cole, Elizabeth, Lauren, Michael, and I all went to eat at our favorite mexican restaurant TEDS. It felt just like old times. These girls are just incredible and God is moving so evidently in both of there lives right now. Blessing them, changing them, and being the incredible God he is to them. I love both of you girls so much. You both hold such a sweet place in my heart. LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!
Sweet Addie. I love her so much! It was so fun to see how big she has gotten and how smart she is. I got to babysit her one day and it was so fun just having Aunt Becca/Adelyn time.
Sara and i got to celebrate Amanda's 25th birthday on December 27th. We woke up and surprised her with a best friend breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. So Yummy. it reminded me of all our fun times at my lake house. Man i miss those days. Now we are older, i don't live in the USA anymore, Amanda is pregnant with baby #2, and Sara is on adventures all the time. But still the Lord allows us to remain such sweet friends no matter what season or country we are in. THAT IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP!
WE HAD A SNOW STORM!!!! I was in HEAVEN. the fact that we had a white Christmas was the cherry on top for my time home. and it was a record for Oklahoma. Sitting by my parents fireplace, watching Christmas movies, playing games, and enjoying time with family was so fun. We had a wonderful Christmas at my parents house. Me and my sister are getting very creative with our gifts. i made my sister some headbands and i made my mom some homemade soap. This Christmas was fun and special for me. i really enjoyed my time home. Most times i have been back in the states i am stressed out about fundraising or other things but this time i realized i am too blessed to be stressed and just took my time and hung out with family and some friends. IT WAS PERFECT.
Adelyn and i at Chicasha Lights. Because i have not been here in like 3 years i was really ready to see some good Christmas lights. Amanda and Colby blessed me so much by taking me to the one thing i really wanted to do while i was home. And adelyn was along for the ride. While we were there i ran into one of my best guy friends Brett which was so random and wonderful all at the same time. so we all hung out for the rest of our time there enjoying the lights, drinking hot cocoa, and wondering why in the world they sold frozen pickle juice. THANK YOU AMANDA AND COLBY again for taking me to see the lights. i am blessed by you all.

No comments: