Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fundraiser 2010

My Fundraiser was on August 19, 2010. It hit me that only 3 of my supporters had actually been to Monterrey and really KNOW what it is that i do here. So, i decided to take a video camera around for the month of June. With the help of one of our interns, Adam, i was able to make a video of my life here in Mexico. All the areas of my life and ministry here were covered. It was a dessert fundraiser. Some of my friends made some yummy desserts and it was our snack while we were all watching the video. I got up and spoke a little bit about how my life is going to be different these next couple years from my past couple years. i have a NEW ROLE here at Back2Back. My main job here is FOOD QUEEN. Basically i break down how many guests we will have and how we are going to feed them. i break it down literally to every slice of bread, every piece of cheese, every piece of turkey, every bag of chips, drinks, cookouts, pollo loco runs, and help vita (our cook) figure out how many people she needs to feed. There is so much more detail than that but i figured i wouldn't bore you with details. I had been praying for God to give me something, job related, that i could call my own. And He did! i am very excited about this new role because it is different. i won't be going out with groups every day. i will be sometimes just not all the time. i will still be debriefing because i love that. I will also continue to invest in the lives of the teens that are here. And i will be the head person for the new STINTers. God has big things in store for this year. i am excited to see how everything unfolds. on top of all of that, i am getting married. So learning out how to balance work, teens, relationship, prep for wedding stuff, and the actual marriage is going to take time. I am just praying that God gives me good balance. Please join me in prayer for this upcoming year and my ministry here with Back2Back.

If you wish to see the video i can mail it to you. email me your address at pomchick003@aol.com. i left a copy in Oklahoma so people can pass it around. But after you watch it i might ask for you to send it to someone else, if you wouldn't mind.

If you wish to support me monthly or through a one time gift, please make checks payable to Back2Back Ministries and we ask that you DO NOT put my name in the memo but for proper deposit to write on a separate sheet of paper BECCA GANTZ so they know what account the money goes to. Also note that there is a automatic withdraw for those that would want to or are willing to donate monthly.
And ALL monetary donations are TAX DEDUCTABLE!!!!!

To All my supporters that were able to make it to the fundraiser (and those that weren't), Thank you so much for your continued love and support. I would not be able to do what i do without people like you in my life. I am praying for God to bless you in mighty ways this year. THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments: