Monday, December 6, 2010

A Thanksgiving Feast!!!!

Kenzi was here and it made me really happy to have one of my best friends here!
I am pretty sure you are only supposed to have a fist size of food on your plate????? hahha
We had 150 people here for Thanksgiving Dinner. 8 Turkeys in All!!!!!
Me and my handsome man!!!!!


I was overwhelmed this Thanksgiving Season with so many things to be thankful for. So instead of spelling each one of them out to you i will just tell you in a top 10 list of things i am thankful for in this season of my life.


1.) First, i am so THANKFUL for my Lord, Jesus Christ who died for my sins because He loves me! He is constantly showing off for me and He continues to Amaze me!

2.) I am SUPER THANKFUL for my handsome fiance. The way he shows me God's love, patience, and pursuit everyday. I can't WAIT to spend the rest of my life with Rodolfo!!

3.) I am THANKFUL for my incredible Supporters. It is so evident that God has put all of you in my life long ago so you could come along this journey with me! Being a missionary in Mexico makes it worth it when i know there are people like you all behind me 100% and praying for me! Thank you all for everything.

4.) I am THANKFUL for my family. My sister is about to have her first baby and i can't wait to meet my niece. My parents will be coming to Mexico for the first time for my wedding and i can't even begin to explain how excited i am that they will finally see my life here!

5.) I am THANKFUL for all of my friends! The people that really know me and can tell me anything and will listen to anything from me. I am so thankful for each and every one of you girls.

6.) I am THANKFUL for Back2Back Ministries. God brought this ministry into my life 11 years ago. Little did i know i would be here serving for my 3rd year. I love how God is a story weaver and that my story is not over yet with this ministry!

7.) I am THANKFUL for New Staff. For those of you that know me, i am not a big fan of change. So when i heard new staff couples were coming i got a little bit anxious. But, God has already used them in my life so much. They are definitely supposed to be here in this Season!

8.) I am THANKFUL for my Room mates (yes Ruby, this includes you)! As the countdown gets closer and closer when my time of living with them is done, i am saddened. But, i could not have asked for better room mates. They have always been there for me when i needed someone. Their hearts are full of joy and i feel like i learn so much from them everyday! I love you girls.

9.) I am THANKFUL for skype/ technology! Without this, i wouldn't be able to keep in touch with my friends and family. it has saved me in times of needing to know things from back home and it has helped me in times of not feeling homesick. Thank you Lord, for technology.

10.) Last but not least, I am THANKFUL for the sweet little faces i get to see every day! No matter what Childrens Home I am at, i get to see sweet smiles, hear sweet laughs, and hug on some cute kids.


My list could go on and on. My heart is overflowing with Thanksgiving! Thank you Lord, for the ways you are moving in my life!

No comments: