Saturday, April 25, 2009

MONICA, TERE, LOLITA

At Casa Hogar Douglas there are between 70-85 kids right now. Mexico just celebrated Semana Santa. its alot like spring break but it lasts for 2 weeks. the kids are allowed to go home with their families if there is someone who wants to take them. there was only 35 kids still at douglas. these 3 girls, Monica, Tere, Lolita, are among the oldest that were still there. so me, hope,caroline, and kenzi thought it would be super fun for us to take them for a few days. we had so much fun. the first night i am pretty sure we watched all 3 high school musicals, ate a lot of pizza,cokes,cookies, and lots of Zac Efron. it was such a fun night. and they got to stay up later so we took them home around 10. then the next day we picked them up,took them to pollo loco, then took them to the riverwalk to walk around. it was crazy fun. i hope that these girls had a blast. i know we did. i also know they rarely get to do things like that because most of the time they are watching the kids. i was so glad we got to do these fun things with them. they are such blessings to our lives. and sometimes the older teens need to have just as much fun as the younger kids.

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Becca, That is so amazing, I'm sure those girls had a great time with you. You are an amazing blessing, I know to those girls and to me! I love you sweet friend!

ElizabethZReynolds said...

That makes me so happy Miss Becca! One of my best memories is when my family and I came down over Christmas- probably 7 years ago and it was a really similar situation. But we got to spend a lot of time with Monica and Tere and it was a blast- those girls have such a special place in my heart and it makes me so happy that you are there feeding in to them, and being an incredible Godly example for them. You are incredible best friend. i LOVE YOU!