Sunday, May 17, 2009

learning and LOVING

Before summer starts we had an all staff pour on the second floor of SMCA. our campus is growing and so are our visitors (we could always use more so check out back2backministries.org and sign up for a trip).
I was asked what my goal was by the end of my first year of living here is and when dealing with actual work projects i said i would love to be able to run the trompo, and a crew, all by myself. although it is not exactly summer yet, i had the opportunity to jump on it and learn. thanks to matt cooper who helped teach me what to do. i now know that you need 2 buckets of water, half a bag of cement, and lots of gravel or mix sand stuff. i kept pouring a little too much in some of the buckets. but other than that, MAN I FELT POWERFUL. haha without my job the cement would not have gone all the way up to SMCA. i had a blast doing it even though my arms were a little sore the next day. Praise God for great work days when a lot of things get accomplished. NOT to mention that i accomplished my goal before summer even started.... FEELS PRETTY GOOD. thanks to the staff for their patience with me on this day and letting me learn. once again my dad would be so impressed and proud at some of the skills i am learning here.

2 comments:

Mandy Hope said...

Awesometastical! Love the new background. :)

I love ya and I mean it!

Bethany Struthers said...

Hey girl! Looks like your having a blast!! Love you so much and miss you! :)