Thursday, May 7, 2009

Questions...

I am currently reading Crazy Love BY Francis Chan... what a challenging book that is constantly making you re-check your heart over and over. i just read chapter 6 and there were a couple things i wanted to pull out for you..
He pulls out a question from John Piper's book 'God is the Gospel' it says '
"The critical question for our generation- and for every generation- is this: if you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ was not there?

i don't know about you but for so many times in my life i CRAVE Christ and my relationship with Him. i feel like when my life is going crazy it is very much a reflection of my relationship with Christ. All of those things in that quote sound great but could i truly be satisfied by all that ? I don't think so at all. for a short time i am sure many people would be okay but then after that season you would miss the ONE person that pursues you on a DAILY BASIS and the way that He makes everything sweeter when He is involved. Not to mention that Heaven would not be Heaven without Christ. how would you feel if you loved someone with unconditional love and you invited them over for dinner and to play games. then to realize they don't really love you back or desire a relationship with you, they only wanted to come over because they heard you had an x-box, wii, and Escalade?????? that is what i think about when i read that question.

Psalm 63:1-5 i not only want to be able to say it and mean it but i also want to PROCLAIM the greatness of our God on a daily basis.
" O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. i have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. i will praise you as long as i live, and in your name i will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

No comments: