Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bucket List



Before leaving Monterrey there was a couple of things I had on my bucket list.


Cathy Huffer makes the BEST home made pretzels I have ever tasted. So, I asked if she would teach me one day step by step on how to make them. We had an afternoon to the two of us and we made 2 batches of pretzels. It was very hands on and I am a visual learner so it was perfect!

Cathy, thank you so much for taking the time to teach me how to be a little more like yourself:) I am excited to take the recipe to Mazatlan and share the pretzels with everyone there!

Being with the teacher was awesome, but next time who knows how they will turn out!

There is a mountain here called El Cerro de la Silla. The significance of the name means “saddleback mountain”

A ton of our staff love to hike, bike, and camp. Well I like to camp, I like to bike, but hiking is just not my thing. The only thing I LOVE about hiking is wherever you are, you get to be in the wilderness of God's Beauty! You always have a goal when you are hiking and once I am there, I LOVE IT. But during the getting there part is super hard for me.

WELL, this last saturday, Rodo and I put on our hiking gear and headed out to climb El Cerro de la Silla! It was probably one of the most challenging hikes I had ever done. But pictures speak for themselves when it comes to the beauty part! We got to the top and there was a lady selling tostadas. I thought that was really funny! So, we bought some tostadas and enjoyed the view that God created, which in that exact moment felt like just for us! We stayed for about 45 minutes just marveling at God's Workmanship! Then we headed back down. The next couple of days I have been a little more sore than usual but it was worth it:)

No comments: