Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Day of Lasts in Monterrey






We had a group from Xenos and St. Marks that we had merged together for the week. This day was mine and Rodo's LAST DAY WITH A GROUP IN MONTERREY! It was a monumental day! We went to the Cadereyta squatter village with the group. We had tons of projects going on. I learned how to wheld some copper together for a shower. I was also in charge of breaking a sewage pipe to connect the pipe line from the second floor of the church to the first. That was a stinky job, literally!
Rodo was in charge of building a stool for the preacher, getting everybody suited up for the concrete, by hand job, and overseeing everyone! At the end, we had some time to play with kids and I colored at least a hundred pictures with some of the very sweet children we serve out there!
We then returned to our property where Vita had our last plates of her delicious tostadas and rice pudding. Most people hear the word rice pudding and think it sounds gross if they have never tried it. Then everyone in line takes a bowl and tries it. They come back asking for 3rds because I am telling you, vita's rice pudding is the bomb!
I have been in charge of the vita cooking days since my friend Julie Cooper left. So, it was sad saying goodbye to her!
Then after we ate and everyone was stuffed full of tostadas, we had market for the groups. So, it was my (Becca's) last day on the group, last seeing Vita and her tostadas, and I put on my last market!

It was a big day of lasts in Monterrey for us!

No comments: