Thursday, February 17, 2011

Introducing Finley Mae Cromwell




This is an hour before my niece was born!!
Seconds after her birth, such a sweet moment!
6 pounds, 15 ounces born at 9:30pm Sunday January 30, 2011
After giving birth, she looks amazing!



Todd swaddling for the first time
Todd's niece holding Finley for the first time

Back in December when i was home for a week, i helped my sister, Sarah, get the nursery ready. We went through a bunch of clothes, hung them up in her closet. We seperated a ton of stuff and started the process of organizing everything from her baby showers. We knew Finley was going to be born sometime in the next month. (Pictures of her Nursery above)
I had bought a plane ticket for the day of Sarah's due date which was January 29, 2011. I knew i didn't have too much time to be in Oklahoma but Sarah swore she would have her earlier than that. So, i arrived on the 29th. And NO BABY!!!! Because my sister was 40 weeks pregnant, i stayed with her and Todd to help out a bit while i was there. But really we just did last minute wedding details. So in reality they helped me out a lot. Sarah took me all over Oklahoma City. The personal shower, my best friends threw me, was going to be on Sunday, January 30th. We went shopping so her and my mom could get me some dresses for the honeymoon! We seriously went ALL over the mall and all over the City. We were so tired by the end of the day. But, there was LOTS of walking that day. I thought for sure Finley was going to be born. But she wasn't.
So the next day, we run a couple of errands and just hung out. We went on a 45 minute walk and still NO BABY!!!! at this point i only had 1 more full day left. I was getting super sad in thinking that she wasn't going to be born.
Next day (Sunday), the day of my personal shower. At 12:30 or so, Sarah and Todd went to the hospital because Sarah was contracting pretty bad. they checked into the hospital and she was dialated at a 6. i thought for sure the 2 hours i was going to be at my shower, was going to be when Finley was born. My mom was with me as well, and we were just waiting for the phone call saying she was born.
Well, the good news was that she wasn't born during the shower. So my mom and i rushed over to change and then go to the hospital.
And within a couple hours, at 9:30 pm, sweet little Finley Mae was born. I had the privilege of being in the room when she was born and that was such a sweet moment for me. I AM OFFICIALLY AN AUNT! As you can tell from the sweet pictures, she kind of looks like an angel. She is perfect. Seriously, she is beautiful. I was SO PROUD of my sister. She was a rockstar. She made it look so easy to have a baby. And Todd was just staring at Finley, it was a very sweet moment seeing them looking at her for the first time. Todd just stared at her forever! So, i was able to actually be there for the moment my niece was born. Not only there, but in the room. I stayed at the hospital as long as i could holding her. Then, i went back to their house, packed all my things, and picked up around the house. Oliver (their dog) knew something was up. He was a cuddle bug that night and normally he is not. I didn't go to bed until around 2 in the morning. Then at 6:30, woke up to get things done so i could go to the hospital until the last second before getting on a plane.
I only had a couple hours with Finley, Sarah, and Todd that day. Because Finley was born, it was REALLY hard to leave. I mean I LOVE NEWBORNS, but this was my NIECE! i am finally an Aunt. I don't cry very often when i leave Oklahoma, but this was one time that was VERY HARD to leave!
Sarah,
I am so proud of you and the way you are transitioning into the journey of motherhood. Thank you for everything you did for me while i was home and all the stores you took me too. I really appreciate you and all you do for me when i am in town and when i am not. I love facetiming with you guys and Finley. I praise God for technology because i actually am able to see Finley. It is hard to be away in big moments like this that go on in your life. But i am thankful for being able to be there for the birth. It was a very cool moment for me. Thank you for allowing me to be there right alongside you all. I miss being there so much with you all. I can't wait to be there in April and get to hold her again. I love you guys. You are above and beyond as a sister. i love you!
Give Finley kisses from TIA BECCA

1 comment:

SheriYates said...

WOW - she is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats! I am so thankful you DIDN'T Miss it! Love you!