Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Michaelyn Paige







Michaelyn Paige happens to be my 2nd cousin! God worked together in HUGE ways to get her here in Monterrey for 2 months.
Over this past new years, i was able to be at home and see my dad's entire extended family. We always have a blast when we are together. One of the highlights is seeing my cousin Michaelyn. We always hang out till really late at night playing games, rockin out to guitar hero, eating tons of sausage balls, and drinking WAY too much Dr. Pepper. She asked me if she would be able to visit Rodolfo and I for the summer. I was very interested because she is my favorite cousin, i just wasn't sure how it was going to work because for one we were going to be newlyweds and for another reason, summer is crazy for us staff here.
Well, after our wedding and reception in Oklahoma i asked around to see if anyone was still in need of a nanny for the summer. That way Michaelyn would be able to stay here on campus with all the other interns and nannies and still be able to be here for the summer! Well, Juan and Rosa Porto were still in need. So, i called Mikie (Michaelyn) and told her the position was hers if she wanted it. The VERY NEXT DAY she got her plane ticket and was set to be here for 2 whole months! I WAS SO EXCITED. she is the first in my family to really know what i do here!

Seeing her relate to everyone here on campus was so much for me to watch. God did a great work in her heart and in her life while she was here! After her first week here she had felt the Lord in real ways that she wasn't used to. She met with my dear co-worker and friend Angela twice a week because she was so enthralled by the Lord and wanted to know more. By week 3, she was dedicated to the Lord and changed her life to look more like His. And, at the end of the summer, she was baptized! All the pictures above were from her baptism party! I just cried the entire time. Being able to see her inside and out was something i had never seen before. I was so proud of her and the way she embraced everyone and everything that was new and different than what she was used to.

Leading a new life she has decided to pick up from her home in Austin, Texas and moved to Dayton, Ohio. She is now living with a family (wife and son in last picture) that is helping her get involved with a great church and good community. She is currently there and loving every moment of it. I have talked to her a couple times and she is just waiting on the Lord for a perfect job opportunity and everything will be put in place.

Michaelyn,
I am so proud of the woman you have become! Moving to places you don't know anyone or anything is a hard step of faith, but you did it. It might have been the bungee jumping that allowed you to take that one big leap of faith. hahah. I love you so much and it was so fun having you in my home for 2 months. You are such a blessing to my life and i am excited for what the future holds for you! God Bless you cousin and for all your hard work you did this summer here for the Porto's. Come visit me again soon please. Rodo wants to kick your booty in cards again! LOVE YOU!

No comments: