Wednesday, September 28, 2011

TAMALES


Our niece enjoying some fresh tamales!
Mis Maestras (My Teachers)
Rodo's family was able to come over and spend the day with us this past sunday. The last time we were all together i told them i have always wanted to know how to make tamales. For some reason, i think, if i start to cook mexican i will feel more mexican : )

They remembered that i wanted to learn so they brought everything over to teach me how to make them. We made bean tamales and Deshebrada ( a cut of meat here) tamales. THEY WERE SERIOUSLY SO GOOD! I have also been wanting to learn how to make deshebrada. so i was able to learn 2 things in one day! I am so pumped! we went step by step and i wrote everything out. it is funny i was looking at all the notes i took and the recipe is in spanglish. Hopefully i will remember everything!

This day was so fun. I love spending time with my in-laws!

1 comment:

Jes said...

I'm lovin all your blog posts lately!! Keep 'em coming!! :) I miss you and wish that I was living these out with you! Can't wait to see you in a month!! LOVE YOU!